Raise a Hood Privacy Statement
Last updated: April 1, 2023
This Privacy Statement describes the personal data we collect and/or process (which may include collecting, organizing, structuring, storing, using, or disclosing) to provide products and services offered directly by Raise a Hood, Inc. (“RaH”), including RaH’s websites (“RaH products and services” or “products and services”).
California residents, please see our “California Privacy Notice at Collection” and California & Other U.S. State Privacy Rights” sections.
What Personal Data Do We Receive?
Personal data is any information from or about an identified or identifiable person, including information that RaH can associate with an individual person. We may collect, or process on behalf of our customers, the following categories of personal data when you use or interact with RaH products and services:
- Account Information: Information associated with an account that licenses RaH products and services, which may include administrator name, contact information, account ID, billing and transaction information, and account plan information.
- Profile and Participant Information: Information associated with the RaH profile of a user who uses RaH products and services under a licensed account or that is provided by an unlicensed participant using any free RaH products and services, which may include name, display name, picture, email address, phone number, job information, stated locale, user ID, or other information provided by the user and/or their account owner.
- Contact Information: Contact information added by accounts and/or their users to create contact lists on RaH products and services, which may include contact information a user integrates from a third-party app, or provided by users to process referral invitations.
- Settings: Information associated with the preferences and settings on a RaH account or user profile, which may include settings and configuration information.
- Device Information: Information about the computers, phones, and other devices used when interacting with RaH products and services, which may include information about the speakers, microphone, camera, OS version, hard disk ID, PC name, MAC address, IP address (which may be used to infer general location at a city or country level), device attributes (like operating system version and battery level), WiFi information, and other device information (like Bluetooth signals).
- Content and Context from Collaborative Features: Content generated in webinars or messages that are hosted by RaH or its products and services, which may include audio, video, chat messaging content, transcriptions, transcript edits and recommendations, written feedback, responses to polls and Q&A, and files, as well as related context. Content may contain your voice and image, depending on the account owner’s settings, what you choose to share, your settings, and what you do on RaH products and services.
- Usage Information Regarding the Website: Information about how people and their devices interact with RaH products and services, such as: when participants log in and log out of the website; when participants upload video or audio content for viewing by other visitors (which may include the uploading participant’s name, display name, picture, email address, phone number, job information, stated locale, user ID, or other information provided by the user and/or their account owner); whether participants sent messages and who they message with; performance data; mouse movements, clicks, keystrokes or actions (such as mute/unmute or video on/off); which third-party apps are added to a RaH product or service and what information and actions the app is authorized to access and perform; use of third-party apps; features used; and other usage information and metrics. This also includes information about when and how people visit and interact with RaH’s website, including what pages are accessed, interaction with website features and whether or not the person signed up for a RaH product or service.
- Content from Third-Party Integrations: Any information or data from third-party services made available from time to time through the RaH website, if so accessed and utilized. This information is not end-to-end encrypted by RaH, but RaH employees do not access this content, unless directed to, or required for legal, safety, or security reasons. If account owners and/or their users integrate or use third-party products and services with RaH products and services, RaH may collect or process email or other information shared or utilized, including email content, headers and metadata, from such third-party services in order to provide services requested by the account and to improve the product.
- Communications with RaH: Information about your communications with RaH, including relating to support questions, your account, and other inquiries.
- Information from Partners: RaH obtains information about account owners and their users from third-party companies, such as market data enrichment services, including information about an account owner’s company size or industry, contact information, or activity of certain enterprise domains. RaH may also obtain information from third-party advertising partners who deliver ads displayed on RaH products and services, such as whether you clicked on an ad they showed you.
In certain jurisdictions, some of the personal data RaH receives may be considered sensitive. Please see “California & Other Other U.S. State Privacy Rights” for more information.
How Do We Use Personal Data?
All video, audio and written content uploaded by or for the account of a user is publicly available for viewing by other RaH users and RaH employees and contractors which, as described above, will expose certain personal data to other users. RaH itself uses personal data to conduct the following activities:
- Provide RaH Products and Services: To provide and develop products and services to account owners and their users, including to customize RaH products and services and recommendations for accounts or their users. RaH also uses personal data to determine what products and services may be available in your location, and uses personal data, including contact information, to route invitations, messages, or RaH Emails to recipients when users send or receive invitations, messages, or RaH Emails using RaH products and services. This may also include using personal data for customer support, which may include accessing audio, video, files, messages, and other content or context, at the direction of the account owner or their users. We also use personal data to manage our relationship and contracts with account owners and others, including billing, compliance with contractual obligations, facilitating payment to third-party developers in relation to purchases made through the RaH Website, and related administration.
- ntelligent Features: RaH provides intelligent features and products to recommend content that may use artificial intelligence, machine learning, or other technology to analyze and process your content and personal data to develop, provide and improve intelligent features and products.
- Product Research and Development: To develop, test, and improve RaH products and services, including, for example, content-related features, and to troubleshoot products and services.
- Marketing, Promotions, and Third-Party Advertising: To permit RaH and/or its third party marketing partners to market, advertise, and promote RaH products and services, including based on your product usage, information we receive from third-party partners, information you provide to process referral invitations, or if you visit our websites, information about how and when you visit, and your interactions with them. We may also use this information to provide advertisements to you relating to RaH products and services or to engage third party partners to analyze your interactions on our website or app or to deliver advertising to you. RaH may use audio, video, and any other content generated or shared as part of collaborative features for any marketing or promotions.
- Authentication, Integrity, Security, and Safety: To authenticate accounts and activity, detect, investigate, and prevent malicious conduct, fraudulent activity or unsafe experiences, address security threats, protect public safety, and secure RaH products and services.
- Communicate with You: We use personal data (including contact information) to communicate with you about RaH products and services, including product updates, your account, and changes to our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Legal Reasons: To comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or government agencies, to investigate or participate in civil discovery, litigation, or other adversarial legal proceedings, protect you, us, and others from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive, or unlawful activities, and to enforce or investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service or policies.
RaH may use advanced tools to automatically scan content such as virtual backgrounds, profile images, and audio, video and other content uploaded or exchanged through our Website, for the purpose of developing, providing, and improving products and services, and detecting and preventing violations of our terms or policies and illegal or other harmful activity. RaH employees may access such content where required for legal, safety, or security reasons or where authorized by an account owner.
How Do We Share Personal Data?
RaH provides personal data to third parties only with consent or in one of the following circumstances (subject to your prior consent where required under applicable law):
- Resellers: If an account owner licensed or purchased RaH products and services from a third-party reseller of RaH products and services, the reseller may be able to access personal data and content for users and the account owner.
- Vendors: RaH works with third-party service providers to provide, support, and improve RaH products and services and technical infrastructure, and for business services such as payment processing, including in relation to purchases made through the RaH Website. RaH may also work with third-party service providers to provide advertisements and business analytics regarding RaH products and services. These vendors can access personal data subject to contractual and technical requirements for protecting personal data and prohibiting them from using personal data for any purpose other than to provide services to RaH or as required by law. RaH may integrate third-party technology to provide advanced features and this may require sharing of personal data to implement and maintain.
- For Legal Reasons: RaH may share personal data as needed to: (1) comply with applicable law or respond to, investigate, or participate in valid legal process and proceedings, including from law enforcement or government agencies; (2) enforce or investigate potential violations of its Terms of Service or policies; (3) detect, prevent, or investigate potential fraud, abuse, or safety and security concerns, including threats to the public; (4) meet our corporate and social responsibility commitments; (5) protect our and our customers’ rights and property; and (6) resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
- Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics Partners: RaH uses third-party marketing, advertising, and analytics providers: to provide statistics and analysis about how people are using RaH products and services, including our website; and to provide advertising and marketing for RaH products and services, including targeted advertising based on your use of our website. These third-party partners may receive information about your activities on RaH’s website through third-party cookies placed on RaH’s website. To opt out of our use of third-party cookies that share data with these partners, please click here. Where required by law, RaH will first obtain your consent before engaging in the marketing or advertising activities described.
- Corporate Affiliates: RaH may share personal information with existing and future corporate affiliates to provide integrated and consistent experiences across RaH products and services and to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud, abuse, and threats to public safety.
- Change of Control: We may share personal data with actual or prospective acquirers, their representatives and other relevant participants in, or during negotiations of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructuring, or change in control involving all or a portion of RaH’s business or assets, including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Third-Party Developers: If you purchase a third-party app or integration from the RaH Website, RaH may share information about the purchase with the third-party developer, to provide the app or integration.
Who Can See, Share, and Process My Personal Data When I Use RaH Products and Services?
When you log into your account on RaH or otherwise upload video, audio or other content to our Website, other people and organizations, including third parties, may be able to see content and information that you share:
- Account Owner: An account owner is the organization or individual that signs up for a RaH account. Typically, an account owner designates one or more people (called an “administrator”) to manage their account and can grant privileges to users on the account. Depending on their license with RaH, the account owner can authorize additional users on their account, and the account owner can create and/or access the profile information for all users on their account. The account owner and their users can invite others (including guests not on their account and unlicensed participants) to meetings or webinars hosted on their account.
- RaH gives account owners controls and features that they can use to determine whether certain types of content, such as video or audio recordings, can be created or sent, and what third-party apps can be used, for Website use through their account. Depending on their settings, account owners and the users they designate can access personal data for participants who use our Website through their account. Specifically, account owners may have access to:
- Account Usage:
- Product Usage: Information about how users and their devices interact with their account, which may include email addresses, IP addresses, device information, and other information about who is using our Website through their account, whether their users viewed or downloaded an audio or video recording, how long participants were logged into the Website, and other usage information and feedback metrics.
- Registration Information: Information provided during registration for a an audio or video recording hosted by our Website through their account.
- Recordings: Account owners can watch the content of audio and video recordings of material on our Website through their account.
- Polling, Q&A, and Feedback: Account owners can see information about who provided responses to their polls, Q&A, or post feedback requests, including name and contact information, together with the responses or feedback, unless responses are submitted anonymously.
- Apps and Integrations:
- Account owners can choose to add RaH-developed apps and third-party apps to their account and the RaH products they use, including via use of the RaH Website, and they can also control whether their users can add and use specific RaH and third-party apps.
- Depending on their settings, account owners’, users’ and guests’ personal data and content may be shared with apps and integrations approved by account owners, which may include all of the personal data categories listed above, such as account information, profile and contact information, registration information, participants list, settings, content, product usage, device information, or third-party emails that have been shared with the Website.
- Personal information shared by account owners and users with third-party apps and integrations is collected and processed in accordance with the app developers’ terms and privacy policies, not RaH’s.
Privacy Rights and ChoicesMarketing Communications
If you don’t want to learn about products and services we or our partners offer, you can opt-out of marketing communications in the communication sent to you (for example, via email or SMS), or by emailing [email protected], attention Data Privacy Department. Not all of our communications are for marketing, and you’ll continue to receive messages related to your products and services, such as bills, transactional notices, or customer service.
If you are a resident of California or another U.S. state with an applicable privacy law, please refer to the respective dedicated sections below. Otherwise, at your request, and as required by applicable law, we will:
- Inform you of what personal data we have about you that is under our control;
- Amend or correct such personal data or any previous privacy preferences you selected, or direct you to
- applicable tools; and/or
- Delete such personal data or direct you to applicable tools.
In order to exercise any of your rights as to personal data controlled by RaH, please email us at [email protected], attention Data Privacy Department. Where legally permitted, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or jeopardize the privacy of others. As an account owner or a user under a licensed account, you may also take steps to affect your personal data by visiting your account and modifying your personal data directly.
RaH does not allow children under the age of 16 to sign up for a RaH account.
How to Contact Us
To exercise your rights, or if you have any privacy-related questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please send an email to [email protected], attention Data Privacy Department.
You can also contact us by writing to the following address:
Raise a Hood, Inc.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
19275 Walden Trail
Wayzata, Minnesota 55391
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to [email protected], attention Data Privacy Department.
We retain personal data for as long as required to engage in the uses described in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include the following:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide RaH products and services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our products);
- The length of time we make available to other users any audio or video content you upload to our Website;
- Whether account owners modify or their users delete information through their accounts;
- Whether we have a legal obligation to keep the data (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to the enforcement of our agreements, the resolution of disputes, and applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigation).
California Notice at Collection
Categories of Personal Information RaH Receives: RaH may collect, or process on behalf of our customers, the following categories of personal data, as described above, in the “What Personal Data Do We Receive?” section: identifiers (such as in Account Information, Profile and Participant Information, Contact Information, and Registration Information), financial account information (such as in Account Information); commercial information (such as in Account Information); internet or other electronic network activity information (such as Device Information, Usage Information Regarding the Website; audio, electronic, and visual information (such as in Content and Context from Collaborative Features or related to audio or video content uploaded by users to our Website); inferences we derive from the preceding or other information we collect; and sensitive personal information (such as certain categories in Account Information, Content and Context from Collaborative Features and on account of any audio or video content uploaded to our Website).
Sources: We receive information from sources as described in the “What Personal Data Do We Receive?” section, including: from you (including through your use of our products and services); from partners; from customers; and from publicly available sources.
RaH’s business and commercial purposes for use: RaH uses personal data for the following business and commercial purposes: to provide RaH Products and Services; for Product Research and Development; for Marketing and Promotions (RaH does not use meeting, webinar, or messaging content, or any content generated or shared as part of other collaborative features for any marketing or promotions); Authentication, Integrity, Security, and Safety; to Communicate with You; and for Legal Reasons. For more information, please see “How We Share Personal Data?” Categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information for business purposes are described in “How We Share Personal Data?”
RaH may permit advertising and analytics services that are intended to deliver advertising to you and/or analyze your interactions, based on your interactions with our website or app, which may constitute a “sale” or “sharing” of data under California law. See “California & Other U.S. State Privacy Rights” for more information regarding your right to opt-out.
Retention: RaH retains personal data for as long as required to engage in the uses described in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law. Additional detail on retention criteria can be found under Retention, above.
California & Other U.S. State Privacy Rights
Under some U.S. state laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Consumer Privacy Rights Act) (CCPA), residents may have a right to:
- Access the categories and specific pieces of personal data RaH has collected, the categories of sources from which the personal data is collected, the business purpose(s) for collecting the personal data, and the categories of third parties with whom RaH has shared personal data;
- Delete personal data under certain circumstances;
- Correct personal data under certain circumstances; and
- Appeal a denial of your request. Some states provide additional rights to their residents. If we decline to process your request, you may have the right to appeal our decision. You can do so by replying directly to our denial or emailing [email protected], attention Data Privacy Department.
- RaH will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights, which is further in line with your rights under state law.
- Sensitive Information. RaH receives information that may be considered sensitive under some state laws, such as certain account information (e.g., financial information, log-in information) , certain content and context from any collaborative features, including video or audio content that you may upload to our website. RaH processes sensitive personal information to provide RaH products and services, for product research and development, for authentication, integrity, security, and safety reasons, to communicate with you, for legal reasons, and with your consent. RaH does not use or disclose sensitive personal information (as defined under CCPA) for purposes of inferring characteristics about a consumer, or in any way that would require RaH to provide a right to limit under the CCPA. Under certain laws, residents may also be permitted to opt out of certain profiling relating to automated processing analyzing certain categories of an individual’s information that would produce a legal or similarly significant effect. RaH does not engage in this type of profiling of individuals.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days, and provide a substantive response within 45 calendar days, or inform you of the reason and extension period (up to a total of 90 days) in writing.
These rights are not absolute, are subject to exceptions and limitations, and may not be afforded to residents of all states. In certain cases, we may decline requests to exercise these rights where permitted by law. We will need to verify your identity to process your access, deletion, and correction requests and reserve the right to confirm your state residency. To verify your identity, we may require you to log into your existing RaH account (if applicable), give a declaration as to your identity under penalty of perjury, and/or provide additional information, such as providing at least two pieces of personal information relating to your account (which will be compared to information we have, such as profile information) or as we otherwise may already have in our possession, such as your email address and phone number. We will verify your consumer request by comparing the information you provide to information already in our possession, and take additional steps to minimize the risk of fraud. You may designate an authorized agent to submit your verified consumer request by providing written permission and verifying your identity, or through proof of power of attorney.
To see our Disclosure of Privacy Rights Requests, please click here.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to annually request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement periodically to account for changes in our collection and/or processing of personal data, and will post the updated Privacy Statement on our website, with a “Last Updated” date at the top. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you and provide you an opportunity to review before you choose to continue using our products and services.